Thursday 21 August 2014

The Week Things Got Interesting

Okay, I know I've already done a blog post this week but events have transpired in a rather interesting way since then. I would love to tell you that I've finished 'Lay Me Restless', but that would be a lie. I am, however closer than ever. I do think you'll be pleasantly surprised with this new development though.

It all started on Tuesday. I was at my other job, making milk hot and pouring it on top of espresso, making rude customers a product they couldn't possibly create for themselves, when my old friend Jack Lane enters in his typically theatrical style. He's with his director friend Sheryl who I'd met briefly before and we all say our hellos. I innocently think that they've just popped in for a cup of tea. They then ask me to write a script for them.

Obviously I said yes; it's too big an opportunity to pass up and I get to work with some fantastically talented and motivated people. Also, if it all goes to plan, I could make a tidy sum of money out of the venture.

I won't say too much about the project just yet, because we're still working out some of the finer detail, but I've already made a start on the script. Is it a lot of work? Considering I'm finishing 'Lay Me Restless', recording music, writing for Alt:Mag, promoting my other books and working in the cafe, then yes it is. But it's worth it. I write because I enjoy writing and it's another way to help further my career. In short, I'm very excited.

I'll tell you all more when I know more!

Exit, pursued by a bear!
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment