Tuesday 16 April 2013

Endless Tides

So, my first blog post. I suppose, like all strapping (read: more-than-slightly-effeminate) young men, I should state my intentions from the outset, lest I be discovered for my true self later on... let's be honest, it wouldn't be the first time.

I'm twenty and a few months ago I had my first book published. It's a Fantasy novel called 'Endless Tides' and, when people ask what it's about, I tend to look pensively into the distance while I think of something profound to say. Usually I come up short, scratch the back of my head, meet their look again and say "It's kind of a Fantasy 'Catcher in the Rye'" which is both arrogant and untrue. It's a book about one man's quest for peace in a time of war. He's an infamous soldier in the employ of the Thieronian army and, when his nation is threatened by war on two fronts, he is charged with saving his nation. But, to Captain Laike Skyheart of Thieron's Division Four, it doesn't sound like much of an adventure... and therein in the adventure lies.

My second book, 'In the Footsteps of the Behemoth', is due to be published this year. I won't give too much away about that just yet, but keep your eyes peeled.

When I'm not writing or daydreaming, I sometimes find the time to go to work in a coffee shop that fuels my general disdain of the rat race and the human race as a whole (okay, some of the customers are okay, but I don't want to talk about the weather all day. What can I say? I don't depend on the sun to ripen my corn harvest.). I'm something of a musician. What that 'something' is I'm not entirely sure and, judging by the confused faces of most of the audience, neither are they. I've also a penchant for boots and cavalry jackets.

In the following posts you can expect updates, pithy observations on everyday life and maybe even a short story or two. Who knows? Lets just see where the breeze takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment