Monday 22 September 2014

Success!

Last Saturday was my book signing in East Grinstead and I'm very pleased with how it went. I reached loads of new readers who otherwise wouldn't have been introduced to the series, and I walked away with a tidy profit which is always handy! The owner of the shop said he'd love to have me back at some point too, which is fantastic news. 

I learned a lot too. I've worked out that some readers are very sceptical of genres that are unfamiliar to them. It's a lot easier to sell fantasy to fantasy fans. That said, after explaining a little about the books, how they're really about the relationships between the characters set against a fantasy backdrop, I even managed to sell some copies to some fantasy sceptics, which was very gratifying indeed. 

This week I hear back about the revisions needed for the play, but so at the producers seem very happy! And only three and a half chapters left to go on the first draft of Lay Me Restless! Want to be a beta reader? Let me know :)

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment