Friday 13 February 2015

Stepping Up

Anyone who's ever tried to edit a book will know it's not the easiest task in the world. It presents challenges that are different to the actual writing stage. While writing you might be hit by writer's block, whereas editing will strike you with indecision. Even over small things (are there too many commas on this page?) you can waste hours. 

Owing to this I'm spending the next few weeks doing something I promised myself I wouldn't. Editing in the evening. I did it with my first two books and it was pretty exhausting. Luckily, it's something that I love, so I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable (if tiring) experience.

The good news is that I'll finish sooner this way! I can't wait to get this book out. It's my best work, definitely, and I'm looking forward to getting feedback from the beta readers and fans of the rest of the series (as well as reaching a few new ones). 

Thanks for reading,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment