Wednesday 6 May 2015

Success!

Hey everyone!

The big news is finally here; I've finished draft six of Lay Me Restless. It's been a long process, but I think it's been a worthwhile one. Reading it back has made me realise the quality of this book and how much I've progressed as an author (or so we can hope). The final edit didn't get the word count quite as low as I wanted, but I still cut almost 20,000 words.Hopefully it'll be well recieved.

So, what's next? Currently it's with a very talented proofreader, Abi Truelove, with whom I'm very honoured to be working with. At the same time, the beta-readers are leafing their way through and reporting back as necessary. You can never have a large enough test audience, so if anybody fancies being one (and effectively getting an advanced reading copy of the book) let me know! I want this book to reach its full potential, so every opinion matters.

I have a few projects lined up now; first off editing a play by a very talented friend. Then back to Gretel and Hansel while the dust settles around the new novel.

It's an exciting time and hopefully a big one in my career. But, for now, I can only wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment