Thursday 19 June 2014

Holiday! (Celebrate! (It would be so nice...))

Sorry for the late post! Between admin and writing etc, I've only just had time to sit down and write this out.

So, what's new? Well, 'Lay Me Restless' is progressing smoothly; I'm hoping to have the first draft done by the start of August, but, knowing what I'm like with the deadlines I set myself, I'm not holding my breath. Still, even this first draft is reading very well, so hopefully that will cut down on some editing time.

I'm still ironing out the final details for my book signing, but it looks like it should be in August. More details as soon as I have them!

But the main thing is that I'm going on holiday tomorrow with my favourite person in the world! We're going to a small town in Dorset and I'm going to RELAX. I think I've earned it. Between work, admin, promotion, writing, music etc I haven't really stopped this side of New Year, so it'll be nice to just have a little time to let everything settle. Don't misunderstand, I enjoy all of that stuff (enjoy isn't strong enough word for the more artistic sides), but it can be tiring at times. So, for a week I'm going to sit in the sun and read while having a well deserved glass of wine. I'm taking my guitar because music is always necessary and I'll probably end up doing a little writing too, but it will be in the relaxed surroundings of the country.

I'll update any progress upon my return,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment