Tuesday 12 August 2014

Just a Few More Hurdles

Sorry for the slight amount of radio silence on the blog over the past couple of weeks, but it is for a good reason. Rather than deciding to post just to say "The book's almost done! The book's almost done!" I thought I might as well just get on with it. 

Life, however, had other ideas. 

As any author will tell you, as conducive to inspiration as life can often be, it also has an annoying habit of getting in the way of a writer's schedule. Such a thing has happened to me. Yet, ask me exactly what these things are and I'm not sure I could say. Not because they're very embarrassing secrets (although some of them could be, possibly? If I could remember?), but because they were all just stuff and things. Everyday things like going to work and living my life. It's difficult to pin down just what the hold up was, but there was one. And, unfortunately, due to the fact that life tends to swoop in to steal me from writing, this looks set to continue. So, a slight delay on 'Lay Me Restless', but I'm still closer than ever. 

In other news, Battle of the Bands went fantastically well. No, I didn't win, nor did I expect to. However the audience reaction was fantastically positive and I had a great time performing, as usual. 

There's still time to win free signed copies of 'Endless Tides' and 'In the Footsteps of the Behemoth'! Find the details on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Leeves/273167406173009

I'll post again soon. Hopefully with some exciting progress!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment