Wednesday 27 August 2014

Onwards!

So, what's new?

Well, as you might recall, last week I was commissioned to write a play. The good news is, I've already finished the first act. I've still got a way to go with it, but an act in three days isn't bad going at all. For some reason script writing has always been a quick process for me. Maybe it's because it's mainly dialogue and the emotion of dialogue is, usually, a purely logical thing. Maybe it just suits my writing style well. It might just be that since secondary school I've had to write an awful lot of scripts (I was a drama student and carried that on at college), so I'm just used to doing it. Whatever the reason, it's a good thing because I should hit my deadline with time to spare. Hopefully the producers will like it... 

Progress on the novel has continued well too. I'm very near the end of the first draft now, with this final plot point proving to be even more engrossing than I'd planned. I'm very excited! I can't wait to read it back while editing before sending it to the beta readers. I really think this is my best work. 

Last weekend was the opening of Daisy White's Booktique at which both of my books were being sold. There was a lot of interest and I actually sold quite a few on the first day alone. People especially seem interested in 'In the Footsteps of the Behemotn'. It's very gratifying; a hell of a lot of work went into both of my books, so to see them generate so much excitement is fantastic. 

So, all in all, a very successful week. Let's hope it continues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment